Mistwood Golf Club
C. M. Lavoie and Associates Inc. was retained by JBM Golf Properties, Inc. as their lead engineering firm for a golf course renovation project at one of the top public golf courses in Illinois. Mistwood Golf Club, located in Romeoville, Illinois, was originally designed by world renowned Architect, Raymond Hearn of Raymond J Hearn Golf Course Architects, Inc.
In addition to the golf course renovation, a 28,000 square foot new club house along with a state-of-the-art Golf Learning Center was proposed to make Mistwood Golf Club one of the top rated golf facilities in Illinois. The firm of DWD was selected to provide architectural design for both buildings to capture an old world appearance.
James B. McWethy, owner of Mistwood Golf Club, had a vision to transform the golf course into a spectacular golf experience. Raymond Hearn went to work on the redesign and proposed several changes to the golf course that required a highly skilled civil engineering design firm to make the re-design a reality. Based on qualifications and experience, C. M. Lavoie and Associates, Inc. were selected for the project Civil Engineers and Land Surveyors.
The civil engineering design required flood plain mitigation to control frequent flooding issues on the course. C. M. Lavoie and Associates, Inc. provided comprehensive stormwater management model in conjunction with a re-grading plan to mitigate the flood plain and to control stormwater on the golf course. C. M. Lavoie and Associates, Inc. designed dry stacked Wisconsin lannon stone retaining walls and two stone bridges as the main features of the project. The civil engineering design also included expansion of two lakes as stormwater management areas and new design features of the golf course.
C. M. Lavoie and Associates Inc. assisted with funding from multiple sources to improve Renwick Road as part of the project. The permitting for the project included the Army Corps of Engineers, Illinois State Water Survey, Illinois Department of Natural Resources, IEPA, the Village of Romeoville, and Will County. The project also required coordination with several other municipalities and agencies.
- Downers Grove Parking Deck, Downers Grove, IL
- Will County Forest Preserve Surveying Projects
- Village of Plainfield FEMA Re-Mapping
- Village of Downers Grove Permit Reviews
- Nay-AU-Say Township Public Works Facility, Kendall County, IL
- Avery Coonley School
- Larry Roesch Car Dealerships
- U-Haul International Projects
- Menards, Inc., Morton Grove, IL
- The Lakelands, Plainfield, IL
- Lake Mary, Plainfield, IL
- Community Center Category 3 Hurricane Shelter, Gulfport, MS
- CN Railroad Track Extension, Matteson, IL
- Wikaduke Trail Strategic Regional Arterial Roadway Project
- Sidewalk Improvement Project, Downers Grove, IL
- Sanitary Sewer Extension Project, Lincolnshire, IL
- MFT Roadway Improvement Project, Morton Grove, IL
- Village of Mokena Storm Sewer Improvement Project, Mokena, IL
- Summit Street Re-Construction, Morton Grove, IL
- School Street Re-Construction Project, Morton Grove, IL
- Building Relocation Project, Downers Grove, IL
- Overman Jones Funeral Home, Plainfield, IL
- Sandburgh High School Renovation Project, Orland Park, IL
- Victor J. Andrew High School Renovation Project, Tinley Park, IL
- And many more…